So I just got the clearance to post all my roughs for my X-force designs.
First up! Psylocke!
fitting because I started with her when I approached these designs. As the leader of the team I wanted to nail her design first and allow that to be the foundation for the rest of the team.
I think that this would be a good moment to talk about my design style. I have heard a criticism for my designs being that I rely on a go-to stylings and shapes in my designs, and I completely agree. I’m the first person who would own up to my own design style-ings. It was definitely something daunting when they first approached me to do the designs for this; I was worried that these designs would stick out like a sore thumb of something I designed. What sort of turned me around on it are that some of the other marvel now designs are also completely out-there compared to what had come before (im thinking about cable and the x-force, the new ironman design, cap, the hulk, etc), and you know what: they picked me to do this. They obviously know my designs, take a minute to look for my art and you’ll find a ton of them. So what this meant to me was that they know what sort of stuff that they’d get out of me, and wanted me anyway. So i took that to heart and thought “By god, if I’m doing this, then I’m making these designs me all over”.
So with that, onto the designs
1. I started off with a straight up tactical suit. The image in my head was her descending out of the ceiling into a dark room to assassinate someone; So I tried to create a design that I could believe in that situation.
2. With this one I tried to help break up all the black of the costume, and re-impliment some of the skin-stripes that are so quintessential to the Psylocke-look. But I didnt want them to be completely separated from the costume as per the Jim Lee design. I tried to take a page from the design Opena (I’m assuming) designed for the first volume of the Uncanny X-force. But add a bit more “me” to the shapes of those cut-outs.
3. More of the same. Trying to break up the black.
4. Tried something way more stealth. Visually a lot more effective for an assassin in the dark.
5. And then obviously the design that was picked. With absolutely no notes, I think. This looks pretty much exactly how the final design turned out.
So I’ll be posting the rest of the team over time.
- geneticwastebin likes this
- hulkling likes this
- uselessknight likes this
- antorock reblogged this from kristaferanka
- labestiasencilla likes this
- backcombedbohemian likes this
- redesigninc reblogged this from kristaferanka
- spider-xan likes this
- dontbegforthings likes this
- rafiki-moisus reblogged this from kristaferanka
- randomcomicart reblogged this from kristaferanka
- divynal66 likes this
- veryraresecrete likes this
- l3monlime likes this
- greatrhodeybutt likes this
- deaforblind likes this
- gaynessandgeekery likes this
- deugen3 reblogged this from charactermodel
- ashetray likes this
- alifeofcrime reblogged this from kristaferanka
- illikaspain likes this
- crystal-vanguard likes this
- deugen3 likes this
- deepvneck reblogged this from kristaferanka
- deepvneck likes this
- felipe5horas likes this
- fyeahalbumofstuffilike reblogged this from charactermodel
- greggornova reblogged this from -ryan
- youmademefeelinfinite likes this
- brondeef reblogged this from kristaferanka and added:
- disposablepleasures likes this
- sirgeebz likes this
- badongitudes likes this
- sconesmarveluniverse reblogged this from conceptvault
- robblerobble reblogged this from kristaferanka
- victorshevchuk likes this
- wingnutlady likes this
- grumblemeat likes this
- todsen19 likes this
- pjssketchumplace likes this
- tribulationsarego likes this
- hellishhurricane likes this
- tastyeatz likes this
- actionhankbeard likes this
- furieshand likes this
- westcoastavenger reblogged this from charactermodel
- spiritgauge likes this
- siegesanity likes this
- whatifthewolvescome likes this
- liara-shadowsong likes this