So I got asked a few weeks ago to design the new costumes for the team that’ll be starring in the new Uncanny X-force Vol 2.
These designs were released today over on ComicsAlliance, along with an Interview with myself and Sam Humpries; the writer.
The interview can be found here
This is probably the most fun gig ive ever had to do my whole. Praying I get to do more of these haha.
But not only that, but a variant came out done by Olivier Coipel (my favourite comic artist), with my designs. which fucking blew my mind. I still dont think ive come to terms with it yet. But that can be found here
So Bishop time.
probably the biggest rumble came from this characters addition to the title. The pitch I was given for this character was a futuristic post-apocalyptic drifter priest, pretty much. A big key with the design as well was to implement some sort of circular symbol on him that refers to this future religion that he is now part of.
1. Tried a bit of a poncho/cardinal thing with this one.
2. Went way more religious figure looking with this, but It gets a little too far away from the drifter badass aspect.
3. Went simpler, a bit more classic with the design. show off that robot arm. (not sure if thats around anymore)
4. A subtle combo, i feel, of the drifter, priest, superhero look. but this is pretty much exactly the design they picked, save for a few edits.
5. This was the edits i received from Nick Lowe. The colour change to separate him from the team visually, and the long beard and dreads to hint at his extended amount of time driftering.
UNCANNY X-FORCE #3
Sam Humphries (W) • Ron Garney (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
• This is it! Bishop vs. UNCANNY X-FORCE!
• Bishop has amazing new powers that help him take down X-Force. But how did Bishop get the new power?
UNCANNY X-FORCE #5
SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • ADRIAN ALPHONA (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
Variant COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
• Guest-penciler ADRIAN ALPHONA (co-creator of RUNAWAYS) joins UXF!
• Psylocke digs deep into Bishop’s head and what she finds will shock you!
• One of the biggest X-Villains of the past 20 years threatens the Uncanny X-Force!
UNCANNY X-FORCE #14
Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art by TBD Cover by KRIS ANKA
• The REVENANT WAR kicks into high gear as the Uncanny X-Force must battle their fiercest enemies yet!
• The truth about the revenant Owl Queen is revealed – and she’s even more dangerous than any of our heroes expected!
• Meanwhile, Storm has been keeping her cards close to her chest – but the one she finally plays is out of this world!
Finally got to do my homage cover