So I got asked a few weeks ago to design the new costumes for the team that’ll be starring in the new Uncanny X-force Vol 2.
These designs were released today over on ComicsAlliance, along with an Interview with myself and Sam Humpries; the writer.
The interview can be found here
This is probably the most fun gig ive ever had to do my whole. Praying I get to do more of these haha.
But not only that, but a variant came out done by Olivier Coipel (my favourite comic artist), with my designs. which fucking blew my mind. I still dont think ive come to terms with it yet. But that can be found here
So the infamous Puck.
Puck, Puck, Puck.
it was commanded that I get rid of all the corny from this character. The big P, and the exposed thighs, gone. The skullcap? potentially gone, lets see what happens.
The pitch was to think of him as a short indiana jones. Badass, but not a total nutcase like wolverine, but a lot of suave ladies man. He needs to look like he can be outside in the wilderness and with superheroes equally.
1. So first up. I didn’t really have any Idea where I was going to go. Just tried something that fit in with the motif of the other heroes.
2. Tried something with the skullcap re-integrated.
3. I always pictured Puck being tossed in the air, wolverine meets cannonball. well i figured goggles would make sense on him. As for the design, this was the one that was picked, but with a lot of tweaks as youll see.
4. So with this, I said fuck it, make him hardcore and go topless. Nothing more intense than a topless dude running at you through the snow. I also tried the walter white goatee to add to the badassness.
5. So the notes I got back from the 3rd option was that they wanted him to be in more out-doorsy. Sort of military clothes meets sportsy. But they felt this looked too biker
6. Another step toward the final. I thought to add a wifebeater ala wolverine, but we decided with a plain white T in the end.
UNCANNY X-FORCE #2
SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • RON GARNEY (A)
Cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
Variant Cover by KRIS ANKA
• BISHOP VS. UNCANNY X-FORCE
• What secrets does the man with the “M” on his face bring from the future?
UNCANNY X-FORCE #5
SAM HUMPHRIES (W) • ADRIAN ALPHONA (A)
Cover by KRIS ANKA
Variant COVER BY ED MCGUINNESS
• Guest-penciler ADRIAN ALPHONA (co-creator of RUNAWAYS) joins UXF!
• Psylocke digs deep into Bishop’s head and what she finds will shock you!
• One of the biggest X-Villains of the past 20 years threatens the Uncanny X-Force!